Registered and unregistered land

If you are buying or selling property or land that has not changed ownership since 1985, then it may be ‘unregistered’ and will need to be ‘first registered’ at the Land Registry.

Our residential property lawyers in Cannock and Lichfield can help you to transfer, mortgage, or rent out your property, all of which require you to prove your ownership title and register the land.

We can help you by examining the deeds, and any other documents that you have to prove legitimate ownership of title of the property through succession and prepare all the documents for its’ first registration. We can also advise on the Stamp Duty Land Tax payable.

If you cannot locate and contact owners of unregistered land we can help you by making the right searches. You may be trying to find out who owns a private road, piece of land, a field, a small car park or building. In some situations you may be able to claim the land as yours, known as adverse possession.

Our specialist conveyancing lawyers can advise owners and claimants of unregistered land, identifying their rights and helping to stake their claim.

Enquire about this service

Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select a department
Please enter your message
Please answer the maths question

Who to contact

What others say