Transfers of equity

There are many situations where you might decide to transfer the ownership of property you own; if you are getting married or entering a civil partnership, on divorce or separation, by agreement between other types of joint owners, as inheritance, as a gift, or simply as a sale.

Our residential property lawyers in Lichfield and Cannock can help you transfer the ownership of your share in land or property. You can transfer the whole or part of your ownership, often releasing equity.

If there is a mortgage on the property, consent will have to be obtained from your lender before the transfer is approved. In many cases the HMRC will have to be notified of the transfer. Depending on the circumstances there are complicated rules about when stamp duty, inheritance tax and capital gains tax is payable, on which we can give you personally tailored advice.

Enquire about this service

Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select a department
Please enter your message
Please answer the maths question

Who to contact

What others say