Residence and contact disputes

If you have children, and are getting divorced or separated you may need help to decide where the children will live (residence), and how much time they will spend with the other parent (contact).

You may have questions over who has parental responsibility and what this means in practice. These are especially complicated issues in regard to fostered, adopted and step-children of the family, all of which need sensitive, practical advice.

If you are a parent or grandparent and are being denied reasonable contact with your children or grandchildren, then we may be able to help you to get contact that is more suitable.

Ansons family law solicitors in Staffordshire are highly experienced in resolving family disputes and as members of Resolution will try to achieve an outcome that is agreed by both parties, putting the interests of the child first. Where this has not been possible, we can advise on what further options are available to you.

We provide practical advice and support, and when necessary can guide you through any court process that is required in order to resolve your issues. Advice can also be given on specific issues such as permission for medical treatment, decisions about your child’s schooling and even removal from the country in emergency situations.

Our family solicitors in Cannock and Lichfield, Staffordshire, can help you to agree arrangements for:

  • parental responsibility
  • contact arrangements and orders
  • residence arrangements and orders
  • emergency applications and injunctions
  • change of name
  • grandparents applications.
Enquire about this service

Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select a department
Please enter your message
Please answer the maths question

Who to contact

What others say